1. Install PHP in macOS High Sierra
To install php in macOS High Sierra, execute the given below command in the terminal of macOS. We are using
Homebrew, an opensource package manager for macOS, to install PHP7.
$brew install php
2. Edit the file /etc/apache2/httpd.conf
LoadModule php7_module /usr/local/opt/php/lib/httpd/modules/libphp7.so <FilesMatch .php$> SetHandler application/x-httpd-php </FilesMatch>
3. Check DirectoryIndex of the file
/etc/apache2/httpd.conf includes index.php
DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
3. Restart Apache Service
To restart apache service, execute the given below command in macOS terminal.
$sudo apachectl restart
php-fpm.ini file can be found in /usr/local/etc/php/7.2/
5. To have launchd start php now and restart at login:
Execute the given below command in macOS terminal.
$brew services start php
6. If you don’t want/need a background service you can just run: